Trinity Grammar Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Trinity Grammar Alliance

A place to quickly contact Alliance members and allies

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Name: Living Sacrifice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Living Sacrifice
Administrator
Administrator
Living Sacrifice

Player Name: Living Sacrifice Empty
PostSubject: Player Name: Living Sacrifice   Player Name: Living Sacrifice EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 7:16 pm

(Since I had to delete the initial post during editing I'm reposting.)

Hello everyone!

My name is Jeremy I live in the southern US and have been playing Ogame for about 3 months now. It's taken some time, some mining, some colonizing, some raiding, and being raided to fully understand the game. Not to mention a couple of tools. Now I can gain about 500-1000+ points daily.

Personally, I found the Guides on Ogame boards to be extremely helpful. One major point I've seen.

-If you have the RES to build/research. Why haven't you clicked it yet? Buildings and Research are points that CANNOT be taken away unless you de-construct. The only exception to this might be mines. If you don't have the energy to spare and not enough crystal and deut to build solar sats, steer clear.

-Defenses are pointless and a consistent waste of RES. If you want defenses, keep them to a minimum with ABM's to guard them from IPMs (e.g. Enough to destroy solo cargo raids. Or cargoes accompanied by attacking ships.) You WILL be attacked, and those defenses WILL be destroyed there's no way around it. If you are online and see you're being attacked. Send the player a message. Nothing threating, just something to let him know you're there and are ready to fleetsave/RESsave - "Hello. I see you coming. Smile". 99% of the time they will recall. This has stopped many attacks on me.

If possible, try to open a line of "trade over raid" with the attacker. It helps. I'm attacked on a daily basis, but I still manage to survive and rebuild.

-Fleetsave, fleetsave, fleetsave. Before you go to school/work/sleep fleetsave. Send your entire fleet on a harvest/transport mission as these are the safer than deployment/attacking/expeditions. And lower the speed to equal when you log on again. Remember, the time is ONE WAY, so if you're going to school and will be gone for 8 hours, send the fleet on a mission that will last 4+ hours. Always give yourself a window in case you miss the bus or don't hear your alarm.

-Colonize and grow rapidly. As soon as you gain access to Colony Ships, you should be actively colonizing. Planet slots 4-12 are ideal because they are homeplanet slots and produce the larger planets. 1-3 are best for miners as they are closer to the sun, giving more energy for building, but produce less deut. 13-15 are best for fleeters/attackers as they produce more duet, but being further from the sun they suffer in energy production. When colonizing you want planets equal to or larger than your homeplanet 160 to 250. I have 8 colonies 6 of which are over 170 fields. Giving me 7 total high volume planets

If low ranked, keep all colonies you make, you'll delete the smaller ones later. For now, use them as extra mines for building/research. Making sure to supply them with cargoes.

That's all for now. Hope it helps.

LS

Last edited by Living Sacrifice on Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tgalliance.empireogame.com
Archetype
Administrator
Administrator
Archetype

PostSubject: Re: Player Name: Living Sacrifice   Player Name: Living Sacrifice EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 3:26 am

3 months? Wow, you must be pretty good at OGame then.

I like that tip were you say "Hello, I see you coming Smile" I think I might use it soon.
Back to top Go down
http://tgalliance.empireogame.com/msg.forum?folder=inbox
Living Sacrifice
Administrator
Administrator
Living Sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Player Name: Living Sacrifice   Player Name: Living Sacrifice EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 10:44 pm

I far from consider myself good. I'm learning on a daily basis as I play. I do consider myself fortunate. To go so long with minimal attacks, lucky 1 shot large colonies, and now 5 of 9 planets with a nanite factory.
Back to top Go down
http://tgalliance.empireogame.com
Archetype
Administrator
Administrator
Archetype

PostSubject: Re: Player Name: Living Sacrifice   Player Name: Living Sacrifice EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 4:00 am

I think I'm the complete opposite position at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://tgalliance.empireogame.com/msg.forum?folder=inbox
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Name: Living Sacrifice   Player Name: Living Sacrifice Empty

Back to top Go down

Player Name: Living Sacrifice
Page 1 of 1