Trinity Grammar Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Trinity Grammar Alliance

A place to quickly contact Alliance members and allies

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Name: Novelldracomancer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Novelldracomancer
CRAZY
CRAZY
Novelldracomancer

Player Name: Novelldracomancer Empty
PostSubject: Player Name: Novelldracomancer   Player Name: Novelldracomancer EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:50 pm

Hello.

My name is Sam and I go to Trinity Grammar School, Kew (Melbourne, Australia) and have been playing OGame for a few months now (although I couldn't access OGame for a month or so)

I mainly used the OGame wiki for help and set serious goals like getting the next ship or defense up the tech tree, or getting the terraformer on a smaller planet.

I found that colonies are invalueable for generating extra res, especially until you come out of newbie protection. Try to build a decent fleet and defenses while concentrating on getting good research so you can build the better ships, good research labs to keep on advancing your techs and, above all, good mines to have enough res to do what you need to do. Then, once you come out of newbie protection, you should have infrastructure to allow you to race forward at a tremendous pace. However, be very wary of fleet-crashers, since a large fleet, especially one with bad ratios (such as 100 mixed cargoes with only 50 fighting ships to defend them, or 100s of light fighters without anything to take out cruisers) will inevitably draw fleetcrashers who want your debris. Also remember to try and build recyclers and, as Tureen said, fleetsave so much that the attackers can't fleetcrash you because your fleet isn't there to be crashed. If you have recyclers and only ever have your fleets at your planets while you're online, you can message the attackers and harvest the debris field faster than the attacker hopefully would be able to.

Good luck with your work everyone, Tureen basically covered everything already,

Novelldracomancer
Back to top Go down
Living Sacrifice
Administrator
Administrator
Living Sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Player Name: Novelldracomancer   Player Name: Novelldracomancer EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Thanks for adding, Sam! Nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
http://tgalliance.empireogame.com
Archetype
Administrator
Administrator
Archetype

PostSubject: Re: Player Name: Novelldracomancer   Player Name: Novelldracomancer EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 3:35 am

I can see why you used Wikipedia to start off, Sam.
Back to top Go down
http://tgalliance.empireogame.com/msg.forum?folder=inbox
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Name: Novelldracomancer   Player Name: Novelldracomancer Empty

Back to top Go down

Player Name: Novelldracomancer
Page 1 of 1